Hi how are you today? This article is going to be written in English as the service is only accessible in the UK. I was endlessly scrolling on Instagram when I was an ad for KBK’s juices. For a while, I wanted to do a fasting retreat in Bali to reset my inner energy but COVID and I don’t have the budget which is the actual reason. So, I thought a cleanse in London would do!
The company’s promises:
Our juice cleanse is a great choice if you’re looking to boost your immune system, give your body a reboot, or if you’re starting a new meal plan or any diet. Give your digestive system a break and allow your body to heal and repair itself.
I had to drink five bottles a day:
- Fruity. This juice promotes healthier skin. It’s a mix of orange, lemon and cherry juices. It is so sour! ahah I am not fond of orange juice. It has to be drunk within the first hour of waking up. I
- Zen. This juice is high in antioxidants and is a good source of fibre. It contains thyme, apple, ginger and lemon. It’s my favourite taste-wise. You can drink it three hours after you drank the first juice.
- Red. It should provide energy with vitamin C and antioxidants. It’s a mix of strawberry, apple, lemon juices with basil. I thought I wasn’t going to like this one but actually, I enjoyed it. I wish we could feel the basil more. This a juice to drink at lunchtime on its own or with a low-calorie lunch.
- Charcoal lemonade. It contains fibre pectin which reduces hunger. It contains activated coconut charcoal, lemon, lime, water and agave. It should be drunk between 5pm and 7pm.
- Verde. It helps with hydration and is high in antioxidants. It contains cucumber, apple, kale, lemon, mint. They advise to drink it before 9pm.
The company advice to drink 2-3 litres of water per day, to have low calories meals and to avoid alcohol, nicotine and coffee. All the juices are made locally.
I would say this cleanse did no harm but did not make miracles on me. I am glad I went through the five days. I did not completely starve myself and I ate meals when I was hungry. On the third day, I felt exhausted and hungry multiple time of the day but the following day I was so energised! I felt amazing and didn’t feel hungry except at lunchtime. The hardest time for me was to not eat late in the afternoon. I tend to binge eating a lot from 4pm. On the third day, I ate more than previous days, I felt hungry from lunch to late afternoon. The more I was eating the more my belly was hurting. The first day I had really no issues drinking the juices. The second day drinking the first juice was a pain because it felt so acidic! I actually hate orange juice. Verde would be the hardest to drink for most I think. Curiously, I enjoyed drinking cucumber and kale. ahah! The hardest part was to drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day in addition to the juices.
In regards to the promises of a clearer skin, I didn’t see any chances during and after the cleanse. I usually don’t have a lot of imperfections. I was surprise I didn’t miss coffee so much. I don’t plan on drinking coffee on a daily basis anymore.
This program also made me realise that my portions are off additionally to binge eating. I felt hunger but no stomach aches. This makes me realise how much discomfort I just got used to. I want to be more sensible in regards to the quantity of food I am having on a daily basis.
KBK Juice cleanse – available in 3 or 5 days more info here.